McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams

Share Print

You have not viewed any products recently.

Reviews

| Next >
 Page 1 of 1 
< Previous |

10/10 Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pullup Bar

By Patrick Brunetti / Princeton, New Jersey, USA

Truly a great piece of equipment. Versatile and the most solid free standing bar I've found. You can do all types of pullups, muscle ups, and the great human flag. Set for multiple heights it's easy to use. Love the dip set up also.
If your looking for a complete piece of bodyweight equipment this is it.

10/10 Exceeded my expectations!!

By Bob Abraham / San Diego, CA, USA

The Bodyweight Master Pull-Up Bar is a fantastic addition to any gym, home or otherwise. Solid, solid construction - ready for years of use and abuse. The roughened bar surface helps you get a good grip for a few extra reps. And, icing on the cake - you can quickly change the pull-up bar to a dip station. Nothing but positives to state about this piece of equipment.

10/10 Smart Design and Solidly Built

By Aurin Lahiri / Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

I've owned the Bodyweight Master for 3 months now. I am very happy with the decision to invest in this. I purchased it as a tool for my personal physical rehabilitation form the lingering effects of a severe low back injury over 7 years ago and as a way to progress to greater strength and physical autonomy.

I really like how the design is so flexible and easy to adjust. The Bodyweight Master allows me to regress / decrease the amount of bodyweight or increase the amount of the self assist using my legs so I can work on my technique. Not only for pulling or pressing motions but as a Balance Assist for Heel Raises (take the top bar and get under it and use a slight pull up to attain a good ankle motion), Double and Single Leg Squats, Handstands.

I do use my TRX and Rings with the Bodyweight Master. As long as I keep my weight pretty centered on the base its fine. I have used Resistance Bands for Neuromuscular Re-Ed for the Pull-up motion but again be sure you are under the bar well within the base. But if you want to do more taking your weight angle outside of the base of support definitely anchor it down. Definitely pay attention to the safety warnings.

The dip bars are solid but you'll need to make sure to take the time to adjust the width to suit your motion and personal dimensions and practice an even / balanced push. I added some Tennis grip to make it a bit wider grip and softer feel for my hands.

The Bodyweight Master is easy to build with two people. The the parts were there. Nothing missing or damaged. We used the box it came in to support it from underneath to access the bolts on the bottom.

It took me a while to commit to investing in the Bodyweight Master. I called up Dragon Door customer service and they were very helpful and took the time to answer my questions and concerns.

I think the Bodyweight Master is a very smart design and very solidly built. Something that can last me a lifetime.
I am a happy customer!

10/10 Worth every dollar!

By Dmitriy S. / Lexington, Kentucky, USA

This is the best calisthenics equipment available as far as I know. I have had the bodyweight master for a few months and have no issues at all. Very durable. If you want quality equipment for your home gym, I definitely recommend the bodyweight master.

10/10 Fantastic home bodyweight gym

By Jim Powers / Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States

Very easy to configure for various exercises. The fact that I have one of these in my basement really encourages me to train. Perhaps the best investment I have ever made to help me improve my fitness.

10/10 Amazing!!

By David Fumero / LA, CA, USA

Combined with kettlebells, complete home gym!

9/10 Just what I was looking for

By Tom Gally / Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, Japan

I had been trying for some time to find a freestanding apparatus for pull-ups and dips that I could install in my home. I had been thinking of getting a power rack, but the ones available in Japan where I live were expensive and not quite what I needed. (I don't lift weights.)

As soon as I saw this Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull Up Bar in a video by Al Kavadlo, I immediately ordered one (even though the shipping to Japan was more than the cost of the device!). It arrived a week later, and it is exactly what I wanted. The assembly instructions were clear and the assembly went smoothly (two adults are necessary, as the instructions say).

I look forward to using it in my workout every day. The apparatus is more solid and stable than I had expected, and it works well with pull-ups, dips, and leg raises. I was able to adjust the crossbar to a height that is just perfect for my own height and the height of the ceiling.

As noted in the description, it cannot be used with suspension devices, swinging, or other moves that create a lot of lateral momentum, as the device itself will slide across the floor. (I haven't bolted it to the floor, and I probably won't.)

If I had any suggestions for improvement so far, they would be these: I wish it had come with two wrenches that fit the bolts exactly; I had to buy two adjustable wrenches, and it was a bit awkward tightening the bolts with them. (People who are used to using such tools will have fewer problems than I did.) Also, I wish the assembly diagram had been a larger and easier for my aging eyes to read.

Other than that, I am very, very happy with this, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a freestanding indoor bodyweight apparatus.

10/10 The best pull up bar on the market

By Shari Wagner / Denver, CO, United States

I have wanted this pull up bar since I played with it at the Dragon Door Health and Strength Conference. It was so well made, and such a smart design. It's versatility is like nothing else out there on the market, and I had shopped around quite a bit. It's sturdy, yet doesn't take up a lot of room. It truly has it all.

10/10 The Best Freestanding Pull up Bar

By Michael Toth / Schererville, IN, United States

I received this apparatus a couple of months ago. I must say that this thing is absolutely bullet proof. Assembly was very straightfoward. I am thoroughly impressed with the build quality and versatility of the bodyweight master. Overall, I could not be happier with this purchase. Thank you Dragon Door.

10/10 Best Pull-Up Bar

By J Burgos / Riverside, CA, Riverside

At 6ft 2 inches and long arms, it's a relief to actually jump up to reach the bar. No need to bend knees. The dip bars are perfect. You can adjust the width of the handles to your liking. Totally worth every penny.

9/10 FANTASTIC purchase

By Dr. Alexander Ginzburg / Northbrook, ILLINOIS, USA

The item matches it's description perfectly - and DragonDoor fully delivers. Assembly was not as terrifying as it would seem - thanks for the multiple customer videos on YouTube (not the written instructions). The versatility for positions of various pull-ups and dips is stunning, and does allow for most of Kavadlo brothers and Paul Wade's work now to BE attempted at home (or office).
As a chiropractor, I actually purchased the unit as an experiment to have an in office sturdy frame to be used in conjunction with inversion boots....and though the frame is sturdy, so far we have been unsuccessful as the bar itself is too thick for the hooks on the really old boots - but hey, it wasn't intended for this! The hooks on newer boots should fit - but I am sure manufacturers would warn against this as this was not the intended NOR SAFE ACTIVITY on this bar.
The only reason I scored a 9 out of 10 is because of the finish of the item - it's a bit rough, but again, otherwise the price could have been triple that it is.
BUY THIS BAR WITHOUT ANY HESITATION!

9/10 The highlight of my home gym

By @richie.vai Hybrid Athletix / Arlington, TX, United States

It came as advertised. I set it up myself in a couple of hours although it suggests to have another adult present. It's sturdy enough for explosive pullups, dips, etc. I haven't tried muscle ups because the ceiling in my garage is not tall enough but it seems stable enough to perform them with strict form, kipping would most likely cause it to slide which is to be expected because it probably weighs about 100lbs and I weigh around 185, but there are openings in the bottom that would allow you to bolt it down which would prevent the sliding. I love this thing, it is my favorite purchase for my home gym and is almost everything one would need for progressive calisthenics. I've performed dips with an additional 100lbs so far and it felt solid.The metal is extremely high quality and I expect this to last a lifetime indoors and will look forward to passing it down to future generations. The bars are a bit fatter than what you may find at the park or a gym but they have a nice rough finish that allows for good grip, and I like that the thicker bar is slightly more challenging. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to incorporate bodyweight training into their routine.
Instagram: @richie.vai
YouTube: Hybrid Athletix

10/10 Finally, a well-designed home calisthenics gym!

By Matt Schifferle / Denver, CO, USA

I'm so glad Dragon Door created the BWM. It's solid, versatile and simple without any fluff or needless attachments that get in the way. I only wish I had this thing back when I was first getting in to calisthenics. It would have made a lot of my progressions a lot easier and faster.

10/10 Bang per buck

By Dillon Hicks / Sidney, Ohio, United statws

I was gonna get a power rig from rogue but they wanted so much and I'm just trying to do "bodyweights" til I'm strong enough to dabble with weights a bit. You can get a lot done using the bodyweight master. It's so well rounded and well built

8/10 8 out of 10 but I still bought 2

By Keith W / Baltimore, MD, USA

This thing is great! I can even ring bicep curls and ring tricep extensions if I keep my weight properly centered. Aussie pull ups to dips super sets are a breeze. The adjustable dips are great for narrow or wide; and, the can be placed height enough for doing them with straight legs.
I knocked off two stars because there can be some improvements.
The finish is very rough. Rotating your hands during certain movements tear my hands up. I wish is was smoother because it?s easier to add grip than it is to take it away. I wrap mine with a rag.
One of pads on the back of the dip handles is slipping off because it glued crooked. I have metal on metal contact.
The adjustment pins don?t operate smoothly. It is difficult enough with the weight to adjust.
Even with all that, I bought a second. Now I have one in my spare bedroom and one outside on the patio.

9/10 Super estable muy bien construido AAAA+++++

By Jesus Rodriguez / Lacey, Washington, United States

El equipo llego rapido a mi casa. La caja no es la mejor pero todo estaba bien cuando lo abri. Para montarlo use el video que ellos tienen en youtube. Todos los attachment que trae son fabulosos , puedes hacer muchos diferentes ejercicios . El tubo de hacer pos pullup es un poco grueso y un poco aspero pero overall hace bien el trabajo . Buen servicio al cliente .
Recomiendo este equipo muy bieno . Si lo comparas con otros pullup bar es un poco costoso pero tienes la opcion de adaptarlo a tu altura (suburlo y bajarlo).

Gracias dragondoor por este excelente producto !!! :-)

8/10 Body Weight Master Review

By Jerry Madson / Fair Oaks, CA, USA

This is a good unit ...well designed and pretty cool with the added ability to do the neutral grip pull ups as well as Australian pull ups and bar dips. I did make a personal modification to the primary bar at the top. I extracted 1 1/4" powder-coated bar and replaced with galvanized 1" bar. I was able to do this work as I have welder and necessary tools. I prefer a smaller diameter bar and also do not care for the rougher powder-coated surface especially for muscle ups. This again is a personal preference and I had the ability to make these modifications. I have also considered adding a additional brace at the base and vertical main posts. I want to keep this free standing and do not want to bolt it to the floor. I am working at cleaning up Muscle Ups and thought this might help? The unit flexes and rattles some with muscle ups (my ugly ups!) but is not that bad. Also I might add that I was preparing to fabricate and build my own pull up bars and came across this thru Dragon Door. I would not have been able to build something any less $ then this. My unit would have been more solid but I wouldn't have had the added features mentioned. Over all I am very pleased with the Body Weight Master. I have not found any fair comparison to this unit for the price. Looks great too. Great for me to have a high ceiling too! 10' 6"

9/10 Great body weight exercise stand

By Zig Smith / Odenton, MD, US

Finally an adjustable stand for dips and chin ups. The bench fit in a tight space very easily and it can be broken down easily. Great buy and it will last forever.

9/10 Solid pull-up bar, perfect for kids

By Tim Henriques / Fairfax, VA, USA

I ordered this as a Christmas present for my boys (7, 9, 10) who are really into exercising and working out, plus I wanted something for myself. It took about 2 hours for me to put it together by myself (I am not super handy but not terrible either). It is solid and well constructed. Here are some things I really like:

Adjustable height, the lower height is great for kids
The dip bars, you can make them any width you want and you can do pull-ups on them.
When the pull-up bar is in the lowest position it is super stable
It is great to hang a small punching bag (we have a 25 lb bag for them) from
The bar itself has pretty good grip
I see this lasting a very long time

Here are some things I didn't like as much
When the pull-up bar is in a tall position (as I would like it for pull-ups for myself) it isn't perfectly stable, it is still safe for sure but you can just tell you are losing some power when you do a pull-up to the energy leak. It is like the free standing pull-up bars at the gym, good but not quite as good as when you do them in a rack that is bolted down.
It is not easy to adjust the height of the bar, not impossible but it isn't something my kids can do by themselves.
It is pretty darn expensive.

So definitely a good unit and the best in-home pull-up rig I have seen and used, but it is pretty pricey especially once you factor in shipping.

I decided long term it would be worth it.

8/10 Good!

By Chris Mann / Greenville, North Carolina, USA

The Body Weight Master pull-up bar is a very good piece of equipment and certainly does what it is advertised for.
Assembly is not that easy and takes at least 2 people.
Adjusting the height of the top bar is difficult and is best left at one height. The other bars are very easy to use and adjust.
It is recommended that it be used only inside but that would not work for me at all. I therefore did set it up outside and have used it there. I will have to wait and see how it does with rain and humid climate over time.

9/10 Quality Piece of Equipment

By Jeff Duenez / Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

I am very pleased with the Bodyweight Master and the results that I am achieving.
Positives: Sturdy, adjustable and versatile, yes it could be smoother when adjusting the height, but is is workable
Negative: The dip handles were not the same size as the pull up bars (1.1/4 - 1.3/4) which puts more stress on my hands, could use one more set of brackets for the dip so that I do not have to bend my knees for the dips. a little noisy when doing knee raises ect....
All in all I am looking forward to many years of training with the Bodyweight Master,
thanks Dragon Door for moving forward in an innovative fashion.

9/10 Great for home use

By Alex Toshev / Atlanta, GA, USA

I have been looking for a pull up bar for my house for quite a while. I thought about building one in the backyard but never felt like doing all that work. I finally decided to buy the DragonDoor pull up bar and am very happy with it. It is very solid. The box was over 100 lbs and bulky. I didn't see how the UPS guy(s) brought it up to my door as my driveway is steep.
It is very solid. I didn't bolt it to the floor and there is no need to. The adjustments are great. you can do dips on parallel bars. Dips on a straight bar. Pull ups, of course. I attached my rings to it for additional exercises and it works great. Australian pull ups. I don't think I can do muscle ups since my ceiling is not high enough but if I lower the bar low enough it may work.
There are only a couple of things I don't quite like. I am 6'4" with long limbs and the bar is not wide enough for proper archer pull ups. But they are still doable. I understand that making it wider will make it even bulkier and it may not fit in many people's homes.
It is a bit of a pain to adjust the height. It's hard. You have to pull or push hard to adjust it and it's not very easy. With that said, the joint is very stable and doesn't make any sounds at all. That is the reason it is hard to adjust. But it's doable and not a deal breaker at all.
The bars are thick enough for me. I have big hands and these fit nicely. I wish the parallel bars for the dips were a bit thicker but they work fine (they are thinner than the bars). I like the coating. It's coarse and there is no need to chalk.
For the above reason I rate it 9 out of 10. I only give 10 if it is perfect. It's not perfect but it's very nearly close to be perfect.Other than making my own custom one this is the best you can get right now. It's amazing the amount of adjustments you can make. Pretty much anything you can think of. Any body weight exercise which requires a bar (or rings).
I highly recommend it. I recommend it to friends and other body weight enthusiasts I meet. I love this thing.

10/10 Great piece of equipment.

By Dave J / Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A.

After waiting an eternity for the Bodyweight Master to come back in stock, it was well worth the wait. The stability and versatility of this piece of equipment provided a needed boost to my body weight calisthenics program. This product lives up to its sales pitch, and compared to other pull-up gadgets from the big box stores the Bodyweight Master is stands alone as a good value delivering on its advertising. There are several trainers using it in their youtube demos, one of my favorites is Matt at https://reddeltaproject.com/
This product will not disappoint.

10/10 Great for Therapy!

By Positive John / Somewhere, MN, USA

Dragon Door's Free Standing Pull Up Bar makes a GREAT Therapy Tool!!! You can do So Many Exercises at Different Levels on the Dragon Door Pull Up Bar, besides pull ups. Adjust the height of the Inclined Push Up Bar, the height of the Pull Up Bar, along with many exercises I've not tried yet.

Had a T.B.I. in 2003, Right sided Hemiparesis along with other things. Got the Dragon Door Pull Up Bar in Sept. 2017 & have been working out on in from then til now (October 2019) or 2 years, 1 month. Doing very inclined push ups & pull ups with a stool. Used the pull up bar very seldom in the summer, because of swimming in the lake, ~equivalent to pool therapy.
- Mon. Oct. 21st, 2019, did my FIRST 30 second hang! :) Then a 10 & 12 second hang after that. Started with just getting my hand on the bar & putting a very minuscule amount of weight on my hands, back in 2017.
- Myself weighing in at 194 lbs. right now. Max capacity of Dragon Door Pull Up Bar 350lbs.

Would recommend this to some/most people in therapy. Even if you have trouble doing a pull up or may not be able to do a pull up, it's an Outstanding Tool; especially for those with a tightly closed hand or tightly closed hands.

Thank you Dragon Door! :)

| Next >
 Page 1 of 1 
< Previous |

Read our Review Guidelines before posting your review.

How do you rate this Item?

Spell Check
4000 characters left

Close