McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams

Share Print

You have not viewed any products recently.

Reviews

| Next >
 Page 1 of 1 
< Previous |

9/10 Highly Recommended

By Gumby / USA

I have a very simple review process. Was the product/service worth the money I spent on it? In the case of Kenneths DVD's the answer is a resounding YES. Technical, informative, and at the end shows the program in practice. How much does a heart attack or bad ticker cost you? The cost of this DVD is a drop in the bucket compared to life. I would also say that if you're over 35 I would absolutely not hesitate to invest in this because it's an investment in a good life.

10/10 Awesome

By Peter Nurman / Phoenix, AZ, USA

This is a great DVD and a great way to end the RKC II library. From building the foundation with "Working with Special Populations" to understanding people's limitation to learning how to recognize those with limitations "Corrective Strategies and Movement Screens", Adv Strength Strategies is a great finisher since it allows the trainer to understand what VO2 max is and the various ways to implement it. The ppt included is a great addition to understanding the material if one were to follow along with Mr. Jay.

Either this as a single DVD or as the RKC II library is a great addition to any person's knowledge base.

10/10 Don't cheat yourself out of this

By Jeff O'Connor, RKC Team Leader / Talala, Ok

Everytime I get to listen to Kenneth, I'm reminded of how brilliant he is. This DVD is packed with all the research that any numbers junkie could want, and then brought home with an easy to learn process and very simple application. Don't confuse simple with easy, though.

Advanced Strength Strategies, exposes the myth of traditional cardio with hard facts and research. Then it teaches you to bullet-proof your heart with hard work.

If you're looking for a jazercise video that's all about "low-impact" and "target heart rate" this ain't it. However, if you want a healthy heart and improved recovery time, this is the information that you need.

10/10 Viking Cardio

By David Whitley, Sr. RKC / Nashville, TN

The VO2 max protocol is rapidly becoming legendary in kettlebell circles, with good reason. Kenneth "the Dane of Pain" Jay does a great job of presenting the theory and practice behind these brutally simple workouts.

The information on this DVD will make your heart stronger and healthier, improve your recovery time for hard sports or fighting and increase your Secret Service Snatch Test score.

9/10 Recomended

By Dennis G. / Spotsylvania, VA

Great information and fantastic workout that is guaranteed to kick your butt. Kenneth Jay really knows his stuff. DVD is both informative and entertaining and will take your conditioning training to a new level. Kenneth teaches you not only the how but the why. Highly recommended.

10/10 Life changing method

By Lakatos Peter / Szentendre, Hungary

I have started to use the described method of Vo2 max training 6 month ago. My stamina and strength dramatically improved. I even made the best snatch result on the 2008 April TSC, finishing on the second place. My 10 min ssst result almost 260, while I am only 75 kg.

Maybe the above results describes, how good is the program, presented by Kenneth.

So, thanks for the DVD, Kenneth.

9/10 Good Information for cardio

By Jeff / Oregon

Good Information for cardio, but I couldn't get to the pdf download for the manual.

10/10 Love the DVD - Worth the price!

By Delaine Ross, RKC / Atlanta, GA

At first I was hesitant to purchase Advanced Strength Strategies because it seemed like a lot to pay for a DVD. Was I wrong. The information is worth SO much more than the price of the DVD. I have already watched it 3 times. The content is amazing. Kenneth Jay does a great job of explaining the science behind the VO2Max.

10/10 Scientifically sound...and brutally effective!!

By Van den Bosch Idesbald / Brussels, Belgium

Watching the first DVD, I couldn't wait and test myself for knowing my VO2max snatch cadence. Well, that already almost killed me!

But then the VO2max protocol has become my main and favorite training weapon. Gone are the days of guessing and changing my mind every now and then about what's working. The goal is simple: get incredible, explosive strength with the heart of a buffalo. And I'm sticking to it.

My resting heart rate has gone down, I feel much more enduring and stronger than before, all the while keeping relaxed arms when throwing punches in combat training.

A must-have-do in every serious warrior house.

10/10 Very informative

By Bob McDonald / Bakersfield, Ca. USA

I was very impressed with the information provided in the DVD's. They gave a great breakdown of what occurs during aerobic training sessions, especially with heart development. I am starting to use training programs in the DVD to improve my cardio performance, at age 57 I need it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Bob McDonald

10/10 VO to the Max!

By Gil Flores ACE/CPT / San Mateo, CA

Master RKC Kenneth Jay has written the blueprint to effective kettlebell cardiovascular training! Scientifically based, and real world tested, the VO2 Max training protocols presented are the real deal. This DVD takes you from the classroom to the field, giving you a real sense of the materials in both an academic and practical sense. Invest in success, get this DVD!

10/10 This guy is SMART......

By Chad / Pt Neches, Tx, USA

Wow. I am an RN and I have never seen the concepts of preload and afterload explained so well. This guy is extremely intelligent. I plan on putting the concepts in this video into practice ASAP. You may have to watch this video a few times to truly absorb the content, but it will be worth the effort. I only wish that there was also a book version available. If you want to be RKC, or even just pass the Secret Service Snatch test in your own backyard, you need to get your hands on this video. Highly technical, but once you see what Kenneth Jay is really doing, you will understand that this epitomizes "work smarter, not harder." Not saying it looks easy by any means, but your sweat and effort will have a much more sytematic approach to it.

10/10 Saw A Quick Increase In My Snatch Numbers

By Steve M / Liverpool, NY

I bought the DVD's in early February and on Feb 20th did the VO2Max snatch protocol for the first time. I've been doing the 36/36 workout with a 16kg KB 2-3 times per week ever since. Today, only three weeks later, I hit an all time high of 81 snatches in 5 minutes using a 24kg KB. I give full credit to these DVD's. The lecture was enlightening and the workout afterward was brutal, but inspiring. Highly recommended!

8/10 Great Source Of Information, could've been better though

By A. Iskerskiy / Lakewood, NJ USA

I have nothing bad to say about the material-the presentation was great and the concept is sound. I've incorporated VO2 max routines into my training and expect nothing but great results...
However, considering the price of the product, I think that it should've contained not only .pdfs of PowerPoint presentation and Program's outline, but the whole presentation as it was handed out to seminar's participants. K.Jay was referring more than once to it and it seemed to me that it was going into more details, some of which I thought were important...

8/10 Excellent Material, Needs Better Production Quality

By Jason / Richmond, VA

Pros: the material, though technical, is clearly presented in a way that those without previous exposure to the material can comprehend it; the slides are included in PDF format on the disc; the camera mic is turned on while people are asking questions during the presentation, so you get to hear both the question and response (this was a bonus for me as I didn't expect it).

Cons: Only 1 camera angle of Kenneth, which was from the side; you can't see the powerpoint presentation while he's using the laser pointer, so you're left to guess at what he's referring to; sometimes too much time was spent on viewing the presentation slides while Kenneth was talking; there were some parts where his mic faded in & out (you can still hear what he's saying); not as many people will buy it for $77.

My "cons" are included as feedback for the next type of product similar to this one. I'm definitely keeping the DVD, haha, so they aren't bad enough to ask for a refund.

10/10 Hitman in a box!

By Guy Bedard / Ile-des-Chenes, Manitoba, Canada

Kenny is a great researcher/teacher, but why does he want to kill me? I just bought his nice DVD and now he punishes me with my own kettlebell, what's wrong with him?

These are a couple questions that went through my head after viewing this DVD and going through the workout.

Concerning the workout, I'm only up to 8 sets but have seen a difference in my performance/ability to work. I'm 50 years old and have just started doing some high steel work and I'm outworking the younger more experienced guys outthere or I should say 'upthere'. I attribute that to Kenny's program.

Great piece of work Dragondoor, keep it up! I'll be purchasing more of our fine DVDs!

| Next >
 Page 1 of 1 
< Previous |

Read our Review Guidelines before posting your review.

How do you rate this Item?

Spell Check
4000 characters left

Close